daved170 wrote:
Hi everybody,
I'm using SPE 0.8.3.c as my python editor.
I'm using the str() function and i got a very odd error.

I'm trying to do this: print str("HI")
When i'm writing this line in the shell it prints: HI
When it's in my code (it's the only line) i'm getting the following
error:

file "c:\Python25\lib\local.py" line 242, in str
   return format("%.12g",val)

file "c:\Python25\lib\local.py" line 145, in format
   formatted = percent % value
   TypeError, float argument required

any idea? It's worked for the entire day and unfortunately when i
started my testing it raised this erroe/

I should start by asking why you're using using str() on a string literal? It would seem to just be a waste of time to convert a string to a string.

Next, I'll have to insist that you copy/paste your error messages to the email; by retyping it you got the wrong file name. The file with that line in it is locale.py

So now, you have a *locale* problem. Somebody other than I will have to help. And all the effort I put in before noticing your typo is wasted.

You'd better describe your environment more thoroughly. Python version, OS, locale, and just how you're running this script. You said it's "the only line" so are you omitting the shebang line? Perhaps you're running on Windows? If so, you can copy from a cmd window using right-click-drag, at least if Quick-Edit is on.

DaveA