I did this YEARS ago with Python 1.5, and I recall it being slightly painful. I have an embedded Python interpreter and I want to provide an interactive console (implemented in my GUI application with a Qt TextEdit widget). I can handle the GUI part of it, but I'm wondering what the latest Python method of implementing this is.

I note the documentation for InteractiveConsole, which is implemented in Python. Is there any example code for using this from within C/C++ code to emulate the command-line interpreter inside a GUI app?