monkey wrote:
I just learn to make a blank windows frame with python and wxpython. I found
the statment "import wx" cannot work as the original "from wxPython.wx
import *". I see in the readme file of wxpython that if I install it as the
default one, I can use "import wx" instead of the long one. What is wrong?
The code pasted below:

import wx   # the default is "from wxPython.wx import *", I change it and it
just can't work.

class MyApp(wxApp):

Assuming you've installed a version of wxPython that is recent enough that "import wx" works (it's really unclear from what you've written above), then the problem you are facing is not using the namespace that you've now imported. Do this instead:

class MyApp(wx.App):
    def OnInit(self):
        frame = wx.Frame(NULL, -1, "....

Note that "wx." before everything from wxPython...

-Peter