OldAl wrote:
I am impressed with Bazaar's implementation of plugins: a Python
plugin is simply copied to a ./bazaar/plugin/<my-plugin> directory and
the plugin is recognized by Bazaar and can be run from CLI as:

bzr <my-plugin>

I would like to implement something similar in my Finite Element
Method program, so that any user can write certain element properties
(in a predetermined format) to use with the program.

   CPython can execute "import" operations at run time.  The form is

        s = "modulename"
        X = __import__(s)

So you can load plug-ins from within your running program.

                                        John Nagle