Mars creature wrote:
  I just start to use python and love this language. I met this
problem when I try to save my functions in a separate file.
The question is how I can pass a global variable to a function which
is saved in another file.

This question is somewhat mis-phrased. In Python, one uses names -- local, nonlocal, global, and dotted -- as well as other expressions, to pass objects to functions as arguments that get bound to the parameter names of the function. Objects are neither local or global; they just are. Thinking this way will help your use of Python.

> If I save the function I defined in the same
file with the main program, there is no problem after I declare the
global variable. But problem comes out when I save all the function is
a separate file. Help is very much appreciated! Thanks!

Specific answers require specific examples and either a clear description of actual versus expected behavior or a complete copy of an error traceback. Good luck.

tjr