Hello Timothy,

"Timothy W. Grove" <tim_gr...@sil.org> wrote in message news:mailman.726.1254378947.2807.python-l...@python.org...
Recently I purchased some software to recover some files which I had lost. (A python project, incidentally! Yes, I should have kept better backups!) They were nowhere to found in the file system, nor in the recycle bin, but this software was able to locate them and restore them. I was just wondering if there was a way using python to view and recover files from the hard drive which would otherwise remain lost forever?

To recover lost or deleted files you need a specialized tools (such as data recovery programs). I don't see a way to recover files using python itself but perhaps using a data recovery program written in Python.

--
Elias