I have a problem with numpy's vectorize class and f2py wrapped old FORTRAN code. I found that the function _get_nargs() in site-packages/numpy/lib/function_base.py tries to find the number of arguments for a function from an error message generated when the function is invoked with no arguments. However, with numpy 1.3.0 the error message is different that the code expects. Is there any known solution? I don';t know where the message is coming from, a cursory check of numpy files did not yield any hits. A ctypes issue? I did find an unanswered seven weeks old related posting http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.numeric.general/32168/match=f2py+number+arguments though I don't think this is gfortran related. Mine is 4.1.2.

George