Ulrich Eckhardt írta:
Hi!

I'm looking at the 'threading' module and see that other than the 'thread'
module it doesn't have a simple function to start a new thread. Instead,
you first have to instantiate a threading object and then start the new
thread on it:

  t = threading.Thread(target=my_function)
  t.start()

What I'm wondering is if following function wouldn't be a good addition to
the threading module:

  def start_new_thread(target, ..):
      t = Thread(target, ..)
      t.start()
      return t
What is wrong with thread.start_new_thread ? At least it supports function arguments. Your suggested addition would only useful if you want to start argument-less functions in separate threads, from multiple places in a module. This is quite special, not general enough to make the suggested change. You can use this one-liner:

import threading.Thread as thr

thr(target=my_function).start()

But really thread.start_new_thread is better:

import thread.start_new_thread as thr

thr(my_function,arg1,arg2)

Best,

  Laci