Harlin Seritt wrote:
I am using os.getpid() to get the pid value for a script running. I
store that value (as a string) to a file. Later when I try to kill that
pid (i pull this from the file as a string value) I get  errors.
[...]
  File "vngconsole.py", line 27, in StopVngSvc
    win32api.TerminateProcess(int(pid), 0)
error: (6, 'TerminateProcess', 'The handle is invalid.')

I believe the problem is you are assuming TerminateProcess() takes a PID, when in fact it takes a "handle". See this recipe for some hints: http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/347462
and http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dllproc/base/createprocess.asp
to learn more about the key function you're missing.

-Peter