Peng Yu wrote:
For example, the long string is 'abcabc' and the given string is
'abc', then 'abc' appears 2 times in 'abcabc'. Currently, I am calling
'find()' multiple times to figure out how many times a given string
appears in a long string. I'm wondering if there is a function in
python which can directly return this information.

The .count string method.

--
Erik Max Francis && m...@alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
 San Jose, CA, USA && 37 18 N 121 57 W && AIM/Y!M/Skype erikmaxfrancis