Before we start, can I just say that I find Google Docs loathsome?

On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 07:40:36 -0000, Alf P. Steinbach <al...@start.no> wrote:

I hope this new version of ch 1 is, well, better, addresses some of the concerns raised? <g>

Section 1.1 needs serious work.  You have a very assertive writing style
and a lot of things that you definitively state are at best debatable.
If I'd picked that up in a shop and browsed that opening, I'd put the
book down and walk away; essentially you're calling your accuracy into
question before you've even said anything about programming.