En Mon, 02 Nov 2009 20:39:07 -0300, sityee kong <sko...@gmail.com> escribió:

However for the ZIP file, let says the ZIP file contains only one member,
archive.namelist()
['CHAVI_MACS_SC_A__AUG_25_08_FinalReport_090812.csv']

I would like to open the csv file with folowwing command,
file=archive.open("CHAVI_MACS_SC_A__AUG_25_08_FinalReport_090812.csv","r")
But it turned out error,

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
AttributeError: ZipFile instance has no attribute 'open'

Do you know the way to open an file from a ZIP archive, but not reading them
all into memory. I would manipulate each line using "for line in file:"

open was added to the ZipFile class in Python 2.6; which version are you using?
I think you can backport the 2.6 version onto 2.5 with little or no effort.
http://docs.python.org/library/zipfile.html#zipfile.ZipFile.open

Hope my contents do make sense.

Yes, it was clear to me.

--