En Fri, 06 Nov 2009 02:23:12 -0300, Peng Yu <pengyu...@gmail.com> escribió:
On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 10:25 PM, Chris Rebert <c...@rebertia.com> wrote:
On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 8:19 PM, Peng Yu <pengyu...@gmail.com> wrote:

Suppose I have a list of strings, A. I want to compute the list (call
it B) of strings that are elements of A but doesn't match a regex. I
could use a for loop to do so. In a functional language, there is way
to do so without using the for loop.

I'm wondering what is the best way to compute B in python.

Since this sounds rather homework-y, I'll only give you a pointer:
http://docs.python.org/tutorial/datastructures.html#list-comprehensions

Now, I want to in-place delete elements in A that matches the regex. I
know that I need to use del. But I'm not sure how to use the
functional style programming for this problem. Would you please let me
know?

Functional and del don't mix. What about:

B = [item for item in A if regex.match(item) is None]
B = filter(lambda item: regex.match(item) is None, A)

--
Gabriel Genellina