Antoine Pitrou wrote:
John Nagle <nagle <at> animats.com> writes:
    I'd argue against general thread cancellation.  Inter-thread
signals, though, have safety problems no worse than the first-thread
only signals we have now.  You're allowed to raise an exception
in a signal handler, which is effectively thread cancellation.

Can you give an example of such "cancellation"?
In any case, this would be a side-effect of the current implementation, not
officially supported behaviour.

It's not only documented behavior, it's an example in the official documentation. See

        http://docs.python.org/library/signal.html#example

where an exception is raised in a signal handler.

                                John Nagle