Has anyone every tried wrapping the CPython lib into a daemon with an
RPC mechanism in order to move the GIL out of the process? I have
multiple audio threads, each of which use the python interpreter but
don't have to interact with each other and can might as well use a
separate interpreter handled by a daemon with libpython linked in.

I've never used a C xmlrpc lib before and would probably need to set
up some shared memory to get it to work. Can anyone suggest a library
out there that would at do that sort of thing, maybe with some
cross-platform process management?

I imagine this is how the multiprocessing module works.