Grant Edwards wrote:
On 2009-11-26, Jean-Michel Pichavant <jeanmic...@sequans.com> wrote:
Peng Yu wrote:
There are some assertion code (testing if a condition is false, if it
is false, raise an Error object) in my python, which is useful when I
test my package.  But such case would never occur when in the produce
code. If I keep them in if statement, it will take some runtime. I'm
wondering what is the practice that take care of the assertion code in
python.
Would never occur? You can't use 'would' and 'never' in the
same sentence.

Why not?  "Would never" is a very common English phrase, and
the OP used it correctly.

As in "I would never tell a francophone how to speak French". :-)