Hello,

I was just playing with the turtle module, and thought it was an interesting way to augment the introduction to python (I teach college students, who haven't had any programming). It's a great way to introduce functions, for-loops, and general program structures.

After a bit of playing, I realized that I couldn't think of many examples which use turtle with conditional structures (if- and while- statements), or functions that return values, as opposed to "procedures" like:

def square(length):
    forward(length)
    right(90)
    forward(length)
    right(90)
    forward(length)
    right(90)
    forward(length)
    right(90)

If-statements could possibly be used with some sort of random behavior (if rand()<0.5 ...). Are there any other situations, using turtle, that these structures would be natural?

                        thanks,

                                Brian Blais

--
Brian Blais