On 05:05 pm, gnarlodi...@gmail.com wrote:
Thanks for the help, but it doesn't work. All I get is an error like:

UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character '\\u0107' in
position 0: ordinal not in range(128)

It does work in Terminal interactively, after I import the sys module.
But my script doesn't act the same. Here is my entire script:

#!/usr/bin/python
print("Content-type:text/plain;charset=utf-8\n\n")
import sys
sys.stdout.buffer.write('f49\n'.encode("utf-8"))

All I get is the despised "Internal Server Error" with Console
reporting:

malformed header from script. Bad header=\xe6\x99\x89

As the error suggests, you're writing f49 to the headers section of the response. This is because you're not ending the headers section with a blank line. Lines in HTTP end with \r\n, not with just \n.

Have you considered using something with fewer sharp corners than CGI? You might find it more productive.

Jean-Paul