João wrote:
I apologize for my newbiness but I'm banging my head making this work :
(
What change must I made for the tag enforcement being reflected to the
'mail' file? Am I using the WritableObject class correctly?
(I'm getting a blank 'mail' file after running the .py script)
How can I see the output run in debug mode like in perl?

#!/usr/bin/env python

import sys, os
import subprocess
import re
import datetime

# simple class with write method to redirect print output to a file
class WritableObject:
    def __init__(self):
        self.content = []
    def write(self, string):
        self.content.append(string)

Python comes with a stringio class that does this *AND* has a method to retrieve the result. StringIO in 2.x, io module in 3.x