On 12/13/2009 5:15 PM, daved170 wrote:
Thank you all.
Dennis I really liked you solution for the issue but I have two
question about it:
1) My origin file is Text file and not binary
2) I need to read each time 1 byte. I didn't see that on your example
code.

That's where you're confusing things. The counting unit in text is characters, not bytes. Text is binary as well, it's just binary encoded in specific way (like ASCII or UTF-8), and computers decoded that binary stream into characters.

What you actually need? Reading the text character-per-character OR treating an encoded text as binary and reading it byte-per-byte.

Rather, why don't you explain the problem you're trying to solve so we can see which you actually need.