On 1/7/2010 3:34 AM, Mishra Gopal-QBX634 wrote:

Like import logging takes 1MB of memory.
We only use on function getLogger by 'from logging import getLogger'

But it still take the same 1 MB memory.

Instead of loading whole logging module only load the getLogger
function.

from x import y

causes creation of module x and binding of the module to sys.modules'x]. It then binds name 'y' in the current namespace to the corresponding object in x. Functions in general need a reference to the module namespace to resolve module-level variables.

To save anything, you must cut the function out of the module and verify that it works in isolation. But I presume 'getLogger' refers to other stuff in the logging module and would not work in isolation.

Terry Jan Reedy