On 2010-01-08 04:40, John Machin wrote:

For example:
  >>>  from lxml.etree import ElementTree
  >>>  ElementTree.dump(None)
Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<console>", line 1, in<module>

lxml.etree is a module. ElementTree is effectively a class. The error
message that you omitted to show us might have given you a clue.

But I did show the error message? It's just above what you just wrote. I try to include all relevant information in my posts.

Using pommy slang like "sorted" in an IT context has the potential to
confuse your transatlantic correspondents :-)

Ah, of course! :-)

Can access? Yes. Should access? The usual Python convention is that an
object whose name begins with an underscore should be accessed only
via a documented interface (or, at your own risk, if you think you
know what you are doing).

It turns out I no longer want to access anything in there but I thank you for your information nontheless.

HTH,
John

- Fencer