Am 25.01.10 20:39, schrieb AlexM:
On Jan 25, 1:23 pm, "Diez B. Roggisch"<de...@nospam.web.de>  wrote:
Am 25.01.10 20:05, schrieb Alexander Moibenko:

I have a simple question to which I could not find an answer.
What is the total maximal size of list including size of its elements?
I do not like to look into python source.

But it would answer that question pretty fast. Because then you'd see
that all list-object-methods are defined in terms of Py_ssize_t, which
is an alias for ssize_t of your platform. 64bit that should be a 64bit long.

Diez

Then how do explain the program output?

What exactly? That after 3GB it ran out of memory? Because you don't have 4GB memory available for processes.

Diez