uche wrote:
Hi,
I have the following FFT python code and it doesn't seem to compile
correctly. To run it, please create a file called output.csv with
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8. simply run the main function. I get an error such as
the following:

    x[a], x[b] = x[(a)] + W[(n % N)] * x[(b)], x[(a)] - W[(n % N)] * x
[(b)]
TypeError: list indices must be integers, not float

How can I fixe this problem ? I have tried puttin int on all of the
variables, but I don't think that is the intension of the person who
wore the original code.

Which version of Python are you using? In Python 3 the division operator
'/' returns a float, whereas in Python 2 it returns an int if both
operands are int. In Python 3 the int division operator is '//', which
is also accepted in recent versions of Python 2.

[snip]

    os.path.exists("input.csv")

    fin=open('input.csv', 'r')

    for line in fin:    #read the line from the file

        array=line.split(',')

These lines should be indented more:

    for a in range(len(array)): #convert into integers

        array2.append((array[a]))

         array2.append(int(array[a]))

[snip]