Am 04.02.10 01:52, schrieb Steve Holden:
Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
Am 03.02.10 22:46, schrieb soltys:
Hi Everybody,
I've been doing some test on pythons' virtualenv and recently I've
decided to run PyChecker. But I'm having some difficulties with importing
modules available only on virtualenv by pychecker. As if it was
trying to use systemwide python.
I've googled about it, and found nothing in this area.
I installed pychecker using python setup.py install
from virtualenv. I looked at pychecker script - it uses correct python.

I doubt that it uses the "correct python", because then you wouldn't
have the problems you have.

I don't use pychecker, but pylint. And there, the system-wide command
uses the system's python - which of course doesn't know anything about
virtualenv.

There are two solutions to this problem:

  - install py(lint|checker) into your virtualenv.

See the OP's original assertion:

I installed pychecker using python setup.py install
from virtualenv. I looked at pychecker script - it uses correct python.

Isn't that "installing into his virtualenv"?

You are right, it reads like that. I should have read it better.

All I can say is that even a system-wide pylint with my recipe above gives me no troubles.

Diez