Gabriel Genellina wrote:

Sorry, I should have removed that line. This is just my setup; a normal Python install doesn't create that registry entry. It allows Desktop Search (or Windows Search, or whatever it is called nowadays; the F3 key) to search inside .py files (default behavior is to just ignore their contents).
See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309173

Is this related to the fact that when I double-click on a .py file the command window disappears after the execution is completed?

(I bet the "Persistent" word confused you.) No, as you can see, it's completely unrelated. AFAIK, there is no way (on XP and later at least) to keep a console window open after the program exited. Three choices:

- Open a cmd window and execute the script there. You may drag&drop the file over the window to avoid typing the full path (I think this last part does not work on Vista nor Win7)

- Add a raw_input() [2.x] or input() [3.x] line at the end of the script

- Rename it with a '.cmd' extension and add this line at the very top:

    @(C:\Python26\Python -x %~f0 %* || pause) && goto:EOF

(see this post by Duncan Booth last month:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.general/650913 )

Thanks Gabriel. I didn't know about the drag&drop capability (learn something every day, forget two things). BTW input() works for me in 2.5.
Cheers
Gib