On 2/5/2010 11:53 AM, Gerald Britton wrote:
  Also, I'm contractually obligated to
admonish you not to "top post".

Contract?

Joke. (I know it's hard to tell.)

At any rate, I proposed the 3-line format specifically because it separates
the data values from the if-then-else machinery, making it easier (for me)
to read. But there was considerable resistance to spending so much vertical
space in the source code.

Weird!  It's three lines and the original was four lines was it not>?

Yes, but most people (including you, right?) seemed to think that conditional expressions are best confined to a single line.

I proposed my 3-line alternative for expressions that *cannot* reasonably be confined to a single line.

-John