Well, PyScripter works find with that code. Furthermore, the un-intellisense in IronPython was problematic, inserting the wrong things, which I had to erase.

Also, there were some code constructs IronPython let pass that PyScripter didn't, namely, print(), PyScripter requires the ()

Something simple, like:
n = -1
if n <> -1:
    print('fell through')

falls through to the print.

So, I don't know what the problem is with IronPython, perhaps it isn't compatible with Python v3, but on my machine, at least, it doesn't perform.