On 2/11/2010 6:32 AM hjebbers said...
To all,
I am running an EDI translator,

... let's say bots  :)

and doing stress tests.
When processing a test with a (relatively) big EDI file(s) on
windowsXP  I get a crash:
     'sorry for the inconvenience' etc  (so no clues about what is
causing the problem)

... and it's running directly under python...

I use textpad. It allows me to launch a script from a command window under its control, which when python subsequently crashes, commonly leaves the traceback in the textpad launched command window.

Perhaps that'll help?

Emile
--also on the bots list and will be digging in seriously over the next several weeks

This happens with python 2.4, 2.5, 2.6
It does not happen in the same setup&tests on linux. (while the linux
machine has only half of the RAM of the windows machine).
I am quite sure it is not some external module; there's no GUI (apart
from 'print'), no network connections.
Actually, the crash is not predictable....the crash occurs most of the
time...but at different points.

So basically I am wondering how to proceed.
Is it related to a memory problem? (which does not occur on Linux)

any pointer is very welcome,

henk-jan