Dear Folks,

I am currently developing a python program, let us call it "generic.py", and I am testing out the functions therein by testing them out interactively in the python interpreter by invoking python and doing

import generic

Once I hit an error, I need to revise my file and reload the module using

reload(generic)

The difference in syntax between invoking import and reload is really costing me time and patience.

Therefore, I would like to ask:

1. Is there a method of auto-reloading a module while developing it and testing it with the interactive python interpreter?

2. Is there a better way of developing a program?

Thank you.

Chandra