On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 13:41:08 -0000, Luis M. González <luis...@gmail.com> wrote:

This is the only way I know to define variables programatically in the
top-level namespace, without having to do it manually one by one.

We see requests for this a lot, and the response that's frequently missed amongst all the technical trickery is "What on earth makes you think that defining variables programatically will help?" Usually the sensible thing is to collect such "variables" into a list or dictionary, since that's the only way you're going to access them safely without a whole heap more technical trickery.