Hi,
My student has been developing a GUI (using PyQt and PyQwt) that runs a model written in Fortran and built as a DLL. She has to present on this work tomorrow. She makes an executable version of the Python code with py2exe, and the executable runs fine on her Vista laptop and my XP machine. It doesn't run on the PC that she must use for her talk tomorrow. The Fortran DLL code is started up, it writes some text output to a couple of log files, then it fails with a WindowsError (000001d) which is a write error. I suspect that this is the first attempt to write to a socket (communication from the DLL to Python is via sockets). The only clue is that the machines that her program runs on have Python installed, while the one that fails doesn't. Therefore I suspect that py2exe has omitted a necessary Python DLL. How can I track down what might be missing?

Thanks
Gib