Am 25.02.2010 16:07, schrieb Grant Edwards:
On 2010-02-25, Paul Rudin<paul.nos...@rudin.co.uk>  wrote:
No idea, but it would be nice to have some multiline comment syntax
(other than # at the beginning of each line). Particularly one that can
be nested.

if 0:

Seriously, that's what I generally do: mark the block of code,
indent it 1 level, add an if 0: at the top.

I really hate it when I see something like this in other's code.
The fact that my IDE (vim) still displays this like valid code ready to be executed can cause extreme frustration while trying to spot a bug.

This is almost as bad as "commenting out" (parts of) a for loop by adding a continue.

I once saw this in production code and wanted to kill the original developer, as commenting out the parts of the code with the continue (it was a *biiiig* for-loop) for debugging purposes actually would have *enabled* the code below, thus rendering the whole database useless.

Lucky me that I a) had backups b) set up a sandbox and c) actually saw this before it was too late.

Regards,
Michael