On 3/2/2010 9:24 AM, Albert Hopkins wrote:
I have a snippet of code that looks like this:

         pid, fd = os.forkpty()
         if pid == 0:
             subprocess.call(args)
         else:
             input = os.fdopen(fd).read()

This seems to work find for CPython 2.5 and 2.6 on my Linux system.

To get help, or report a bug, for something like this, be as specific as possible. 'Linux' may be too generic.

However, with CPython 3.1 I get:

             input = os.fdopen(fd).read()
         IOError: [Errno 5] Input/output error

Is there something wrong in Python 3.1?  Is this the correct way to do
this (run a process in a pseudo-tty and read it's output) or is there
another way I should/could be doing this?

No idea, however, the first thing I would do is call the .fdopen and .read methods separately (on separate lines) to isolate which is raising the error.

tjr