"gb345" <gb...@invalid.com> wrote in message news:hnb0d1$2e...@reader1.panix.com...

A friend of mine and I have been trying to start a
scientific-programming-oriented Python group in our school (of
medecine and bio research), with not much success.

The main problem is attendance.  Even though a *ton* of people have
told us that it's a great idea, that they're *very* interested,
and have asked to be added to our mailing list, the attendance to
our first few meeting has never been more than 5, including my
friend and I.  Last time just he and I showed up.
Still, we have a hard time finding volunteers.

And even when we've had volunteers, hardly anyone shows up!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Try and get a girl or two interested in coming to the meetings...

--
Bartc