* Alex Hall:
On 3/15/10, Ulrich Eckhardt <eckha...@satorlaser.com> wrote:
Alex Hall wrote:
I have a dll I am trying to use, but I get a Windows error 126, "the
specified module could not be found". Here is the code segment:
nvdaController=ctypes.windll.LoadLibrary("nvdaControllerClient32.dll")
In addition to Alf's answer, this can also happen when the OS can't find
another DLL that this one depends on.

Well, os.getcwd() returns "c:\python26", not my program's directory.
However, I changed the reference to the dll to be
helpers.progdir+'\\nvdaControllerClient32.dll'
and still no luck!

Are you sure you get a single directory separator backslash there?

I suggest using the os.path 'join' function, whatever it was called.

helpers.progdir is a var holding the top-level
directory of my project, using os.path.

But is that where the DLL resides, or is it in some subdirectory?

Again, using this more precise
reference still fails, triggering my except statement in my try/catch
loop.

Try also checking the arguments & documentation of ctypes.windll.LoadLibrary. I know, you probably already done that. But I mention it just in case (I'm not familiar with that function at the Python level, so don't know about the args).

Cheers & hth.,

- Alf