-----------------------
Help on module glob:

NAME
    glob - Filename globbing utility.

FILE
    /usr/lib64/python2.6/glob.py

FUNCTIONS
    glob(pathname)
        Return a list of paths matching a pathname pattern.

        The pattern may contain simple shell-style wildcards a la fnmatch.

    iglob(pathname)
Return an iterator which yields the paths matching a pathname pattern.

        The pattern may contain simple shell-style wildcards a la fnmatch.

DATA
    __all__ = ['glob', 'iglob']

solution:

import glob

for afile in glob.iglob( "/home/buddy/*.HV" ):
    print afile

sph