On 3/16/2010 7:46 AM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 19:39:46 -0400, Terry Reedy wrote:

I found this PyCon2010 presentation to be excellent: The Mighty
Dictionary, Branden Craig Rhodes, 30 min.

Sorry,
http://pycon.blip.tv/file/3332763/

which plays fine in FF3.6 on windows

http://pycon.blip.tv/file/3264041/

wrong file number

Unfortunately, that clip seems to be unwatchable, at least for me. It
crashed the Netscape plugin in Konqueror, and crashed Firefox.

The flash version does not work for me. This is true of about 1/3 of the Pycon 2010 videos that I have tried. The .ogv version of this and all others that I have tried (hit Download under Comments) plays fine within FF3.6 on my windows xp machine. Perhaps there is a linux-specific bug, if that is what you are running under.

Terry Jan Reedy