"Paul McNett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Sure, that's how it is here in the US too. You have a modem/router
> supplied by the cable or DSL company that provides DHCP and NAT for
> outbound traffic.

Comcast supplied me with a DHCP cable modem that comverts whatever the
cable uses for transport to standard ethernet signals.  I supplied the
4-port NAT ethernet router which seems to block at least some uninvited
inbound traffic.

>  and what if both computers
> wanted to participate on the port 6000 fun?

Recently, I had one family member use my purchased account to logon to and
play an online action game, which sends a constant stream of update info.
Then, curious what would happen, I logged on, from a different computer but
through the same router, with a temporary guest account.  Somewhat to my
surprise, it worked -- without touching the computer (XP) or router
settings.  And kept working the whole weekend.  So there is a way to tag
update packets so they can be reliably separated into two streams (and vice
versa).  Solipsis should be able to do the same.

Terry J. Reedy