Stefan Behnel wrote:
Patrick Maupin, 10.04.2010 19:11:

On Apr 10, 11:35 am, Neil Cerutti<ne...@norwich.edu>  wrote:

On 2010-04-10, Patrick Maupin<pmau...@gmail.com>  wrote:

as Pyparsing".  Which is all well and good, except then the OP
will download pyparsing, take a look, realize that it uses
regexps under the hood, and possibly be very confused.

I don't agree with that. If a person is trying to ski using
pieces of wood that they carved themselves, I don't expect them
to be surprised that the skis they buy are made out of similar
materials.

But, in this case, the guy ASKED how to make the skis in his
woodworking shop, and was told not to be silly -- you don't use wood
to make skis -- and then directed to go buy some skis that are, in
fact, made out of wood.

Running a Python program in CPython eventually boils down to a sequence of commands being executed by the CPU. That doesn't mean you should write those commands manually, even if you can. It's perfectly ok to write the program in Python instead.

Stefan

And it's even more perfectly okay to use Python when it's the best tool for the job, and re when *it's* the best tool for the job.

~Ethan~