I am just learning Python and am new to Linux so I am probably doing something to trip myself up. I am trying to run an example GUI program that fetches a record from a database. All the files are in the same folder.

The program runs but its results vary depending on how I started it. If I run it from the terminal or Idle, I enter a key and the program fetches the proper record. If I run it from Nautilis or a panel launcher, I enter the proper key and I get an error message saying the key does not exist.

I am assuming that I am having path issues but don't know how to correct it.

Thamks,  Jim