Rouslan Korneychuk, 03.05.2010 22:44:
So I looked for other solutions and noticed that Py++ (which simply
generates Boost.Python code for you) was based on a seperate program
called GCCXML. I figured I could use GCCXML and generate code however I
wanted. So I did.

My program generates human-readable code (it even uses proper
indentation). The program still has a lot of work to be done on it, but
it can already generate working Python extensions.

Last I heard, that was basically what PyBindGen does (and probably some other existing binding generators). You should take a look at them before investing too much time into a duplicated effort.

Also, if you're interested in performance, you should take a look at Cython, which is an optimising compiler for (basically) Python code that can talk to C, C++ and Fortran code. It's been used a lot for writing performance critical library wrappers.

Stefan