Stefan Behnel ha scritto:
superpollo, 04.05.2010 13:56:
Stefan Behnel ha scritto:
The question is: why do you have to generate the above code in the
first place? Isn't a function enough that does the above?

of course! *but* if i must generate on-the-fly python code that defines
a function  [...]

Well, could you provide a use case where you have to generate Python code, and where normally written code with some kind of parametrisation won't work?

i see your point, and mr mills gave me hints as to how to attack some of my problems in such a fashion.

The only thing that currently comes to my mind is a template compiler that translates a user provided template into an executable Python program. But that should be pretty trivial to do as well. I just remembered this little thing on Fredrik's effbot site, which should help here:

http://effbot.org/zone/python-code-generator.htm

very good. i will most certainly give it a try.

but i do not think i can use it myself, since my template system wants the input to generate the code to stay on a single line ( don't ask :-( )

bye