pyDev, 02.06.2010 10:04:
I would like to let the community know that there is a new web-based
forum for Python enthusiasts over at PythonForum.org (http://
pythonforum.org). Web-based forums is a preferred method by Python
newcomers to get help in exploring the world of Python and programming
overall.

It's not how the English speaking community works, though. There are two main mailing lists (mirrored as/from newsgroups) around which the larger community gathers: python-list (c.l.py) and python-tutor. I doubt (or rather put my hope against it) that a forum will attract a critical mass of Python cracks to make it attractive to newbees, and I would certainly prefer an effort to get them into joining python-tutor instead. There is not much to gain from splitting the community.

Stefan