On 06/12/10 08:21, Martin v. Loewis wrote:
<cut>
The issue is not that you may mistakes in the ctypes code, thus allowing
users to crash Python. The issue is that if users remove ctypes (which
they may want to do because it's not trustworthy), then your module will
stop working (unless you have a fallback for the case that ctypes is
unavailable).
<cut>
Got me thinking, is it perhaps doable to have a 'safe' ctype that is guaranteed to be in the stdlib? Perhaps crippling it in a sense that it only allows a known set of functions to be called? My gut feeling is that you open a can of worms here but I would appreciate your opinion.

--
mph