12.6.2010 22:54, Pascal J. Bourguignon kirjoitti:
bolega<gnuist...@gmail.com>  writes:

[PAIP]

Is there anything in this old norvig book that makes it worth
pursuing as a text ?

Yes.

I agree with his criticism that the book is "old", mine stems from the year 1992.

I bought and studied the Russell-Norvig books on "Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach", ie. the 1th, 2nd (and in the future the 3rd edition), in order to learn modern AI theory. They have discontinued the 3rd edition but I succeeded in ordering a copy anyway. I have read the 1st and the 2nd editions, but I have not yet received by mail the 3rd edition.

But I only got the PAIP book to learn Common LISP, not in order to study modern AI. This is why I'm discussing this in the new:comp.lang.LISP newsgroup.

Any good modern LISP textbooks out there?

Can anyone point to me any other good modern textbooks on AI than the 3rd edition of the Russell-Norvig book? (Which is reputable.)

kind regards, Antti Ylikoski
Helsinki, Finland, the E.U.