On 6/12/2010 11:42 PM, Gregory Ewing wrote:

Seriously, though, if you can't trust someone to write safe
ctypes-using code, can you trust them to write safe C code any
better?

No, and I think you are missing the concern about ctypes. There are two issues of ctypes versus safety/security: competance and intention. In an environment where one is *not* allowed access to a C compiler, but is allowed (partial) access to Python, it may make sense to remove ctypes, alone with some other things. I am thinking of a website host, or Google apps, perhaps.

Terry Jan Reedy