Jack Diederich wrote:
You want to import a name that is itself a namespace; preferably a
module or package and sometimes a class.  Importing constants can lead
to trouble.  ex/

from settings import DEBUG
if DEBUG: log('debug is on!')

The value of the flag gets fetched at import time.  If code in another
module updates settings.DEBUG later your module won't see it. ditto
for exceptions.

-Jack

The idea behind constants is that they are... um... constant. ;) I imagine exceptions don't get changed often either. (At least, I never change mine.)

If you have a setting that may change, don't call it a constant and name it accordingly.

~Ethan~