On 7/2/2010 11:20 AM, Michael Torrie wrote:
On 07/01/2010 08:57 AM, Alan wrote:
I know drag&  drop is not possible with TK.

Is this a Python Tk limitation or a Tk limitation in general?  Google
suggests that Tk itself supports some form of dnd.

Which widget could I use for my
python application to be able to work with drag&  drop?

PyQt will do drag and drop on all platforms.  GTK does drag and drop on
Unix/X11, and to a lesser degree Win32--not sure about OS X support.  I
believe wxWidgets also does some level of dnd on all platforms.

Drag-and-drop *is* quite doable with Tkinter. But it's certainly easier in PyQt:

  self.setFlag(G.QGraphicsItem.ItemIsMovable, True)

You can contact me off-list if you'd like to see a drag-and-drop application that I first wrote using Tkinter, then reimplemented using PyQt.

HTH,
John