On 07/12/2010 12:16 PM, John Nagle wrote:
On 7/12/2010 7:19 AM, Grant Edwards wrote:
On 2010-07-09, Les Schaffer<schaf...@optonline.net>   wrote:

i have been asked to guarantee that a proposed Python application will
run continuously under MS Windows for two months time. And i am looking
                           ^^^^^^^^^^

IMO, that's going to be your main problem.

     Yesterday, I was running a CNC plasma cutter that's controlled
by Windows XP.  This is a machine that moves around a plasma torch that
cuts thick steel plate.  A "New Java update is available" window
popped up while I was working.  Not good.

<Clippy> Hi, it looks like you're attempting to cut something with a plasma torch. Would you like help?

(_) inserting a steel plate to cut

(_) severing the tip of your finger

[ ] Don't show me this tip again.

-tkc